Here is what the school council said in their most recent meeting about our school!
"We use learning behaviours to make us better learners at school and at home"
"We love learning at Meridian because it’s fun"
"Meridian is friendly and welcoming"
"Our school dinners are scrumptious"
"We collaborate to make colourful, magical displays"
"If we make good behaviour choices, we get rewarded"
"We enjoy celebrating special events"
"We go on cool adventures to help us with our learning"
Why do we have a school council?
- To give pupils a voice and enable them to be agents of change
- To feel ownership of the school so that the reasons for rules and routines are understood
- To help children learn how the school works
- To encourage identification with and pride in the school
- To enlighten staff about the children’s view of the school
- To collect information which might not arise from other sources
- To improve and develop citizenship skills in children
- To develop new attitudes and respect between adults and children
- To add a further dimension to the PSHE Curriculum
- To introduce the principles of democracy through the elections of the representatives
- To offer opportunities for children to solve social, behavioural and environmental problems within a wider perspective
- To enhance the school ethos
- To make parents aware that children’s views are considered important and are taken into account