Your new design will be uploaded in:
Please contact Delivery Team on
0113 3200 750 if you have any queries.
Welcome to Meridian Community Primary School & Nursery"We love learning at Meridian because it's fun" (Year 1)"We use learning behaviours to make us better learners" (Year 2)"Meridian is friendly and welcoming " (Year 3)"We collaborate to make colourful learning walls!" (Year 4)"We enjoy celebrating special events" (Year 5)"We go on adventures to support our learning" (Year 6)
Our latest inspection was carried out in December 2014 when we were delighted to have been judged as GOOD. You can read a copy of our latest report here.
Here are the highlights
- Determined, resilient leadership has driven rapid improvement, notably in pupils’ achievement.
- Pupils’ progress in literacy and mathematics has improved significantly. Disadvantaged pupils are catching up well with their peers.
- Teaching has improved since the last inspection. Much is good, and occasionally it is outstanding. This is because of well-targeted training and relentless monitoring by senior leaders.
- Marking and assessment are a strength of the school. Pupils are making better progress because teachers clearly identify how their work needs to improve.
- Behaviour is now good as a result of an effective system which is more consistently applied.
- Safety is good because of the high priority given to this by school leaders.
- Governance is strong. Skilled governors hold school leaders to account with relentless insistence and contribute well to the school’s continuing improvement.
- The Early Years Foundation Stage is now good. This is because teaching has improved and children enjoy a wider range of activities.